Housing & Emotional Support Animal (ESA) Accommodations
In order to determine eligibility for housing accommodations, we require documentation of the student's disabling health condition as it relates to living in the residence halls. Examples of housing accommodations include but are not limited to, ADA compliant rooms, single-occupancy rooms, shared/private baths, room modifications, low allergen environments.
Housing accommodations must be reasonable and relate to the students' disability and address their functional limitations. The Access Center, Residence Life, and Housing work closely together to ensure a positive living environment for students with disabilities who live in the residence halls.
Documentation must indicate "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities," including the ability to function in a postsecondary academic environment. Documentation must provide information about how the patient's functioning is limited and substantiate the patient’s request. To facilitate a prompt review and help to avoid additional requests for documentation, please complete all questions. Failure to do so may result in delay or denial of a request.
We strongly encourage you to have your provider fill out the Housing Verification Form.
NOTE: The process for requesting Housing/ESA Accommodations requires a separate application from academic accommodations. Submitting the incorrect application may result in delays processing your request. Students who require accommodations for the WSU Residence Halls or WSU Apartments will need to:
Submit a Housing Application
- This application will allow us to review your request, contact you if we have questions, and process approved accommodations quickly and efficiently.
- Please be thorough in your responses to the questions in this application.
- Documentation should thoroughly explain the barriers you experience with regard to living in WSU Housing and make a clear connection between these barriers and the accommodation(s) you are requesting. Please review our documentation guidelines for more information
- If your provider is unsure what documentation to provide, please encourage them to complete our verification form
- NOTE regarding documentation for ESAs: Generic letters from on-line ESA companies are NOT accepted.
- Once we have received both your application and documentation, your housing application will be considered within 7-10 business days and you will receive an email from our office with information on next steps.