Housing Accommodations and Requests for Emotional Support Animals in WSU Housing
Housing/ESA Accommodation Process
In order to determine eligibility for housing accommodations, we require documentation of the student's disabling health condition as it relates to living in the residence halls.
Documentation must indicate "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities," including the ability to function in a postsecondary academic environment. Documentation must provide information about how the patient's functioning is limited and substantiate the patient’s request. To facilitate a prompt review and help to avoid additional requests for documentation, please complete all questions. Failure to do so may result in delay or denial of a request.
If your provider is unsure what to send, they can fill out this verification form.
NOTE: The process for requesting Housing/ESA Accommodations requires a separate application. Submitting the incorrect application may result in delays processing your request.
Students who require accommodations for the WSU Residence Halls or WSU Apartments will need to submit the following:
- This application will allow us to review your request, contact you if we have questions, and process approved accommodations quickly and efficiently.
- Please be thorough in your responses to the questions in this application.
- Documentation should thoroughly explain the barriers you experience with regard to living in WSU Housing and make a clear connection between these barriers and the accommodation(s) you are requesting. Please review our documentation guidelines for more information
- If your provider is unsure what documentation to provide, please encourage them to complete our verification form PDF
- NOTE regarding documentation for ESAs: Generic letters from on-line ESA companies are NOT accepted.'
Documentation may be mailed, faxed, scanned and emailed, or hand delivered to the Access Center office.
Mail Address: 217 Washington Building PO Box 642322 Pullman, WA 99164-2322
Location: 217 Washington Building, WSU, Pullman campus
Once we have received both your application and documentation, your housing application will be considered within 7-10 business days and you will receive an email from our office with information on next steps.
Examples of Typical Housing Accommodations
|Typical Accommodation Type||Typical Accommodation Provided|
|Housing Accommodations||Building access, single room, air conditioner, private or semi-private bath, personal attendant, dietary needs, emotional support animal (ESA)|
|Campus Transportation||Cougar Accessible Transportation, Disability Campus Parking|