Please refer to this page for up-to-date information related to hours of operation, program procedures and Zoom drop-in availability.
Summary of Operational Changes - as of June 22, 2021
- Staff have now returned to the office and will continue to offer appointments via Zoom or phone and will take in-person appointments when requested. Please call 509-445-3417 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- Unscheduled walk-in appointments are not available.
- Staff open office hours continue through Zoom. Please refer to the schedule on our Contact Us web page.
- Vaccination Status: Masks or appropriate face coverings must be worn at all times for anyone entering our office that is not vaccinated. If you are not vaccinated and unable to wear a face covering due to medical or disability related reasons, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment via Zoom or phone.
- All persons entering our space may be required to present vaccination verification if they are not wearing an appropriate face covering.
Access Advisor Availability
Appointments will be conducted via Zoom except in very limited situations. You can find Access Advisor availability on our Contact Us page.
Procedures for Drop-In Zoom Meetings
Participants will not be admitted to the Zoom waiting room until the participant before them has been served. If more than one person needs to participate at a time, please notify us in the chat when you first enter and ensure that all parties have connected to the session.
Participants will be admitted in the order in which they connect. Participants that are not able to speak with us during the time available will be provided with alternate options during the final 5 minutes of each session.
Access Center On-Site Proctoring Office
Hours of Operation
- The Proctoring Office will only be open during pre-scheduled exam times for students approved to use our office for exam proctoring and will not be open to drop-in visitors.
- Students and Faculty are encouraged to email email@example.com with any questions or concerns about proctoring services.
- Please refer to the operational changes related to exam scheduling/administration listed below.
Changes to Exam Proctoring Protocols
- On-site exam proctoring will be permitted for approved students only. Students who have been approved for on site proctoring are expected to request and coordinate exam dates and times directly with the Alternative Testing Coordinator as soon as possible.
- Students do not request exams through MyAccess unless the student needs to be proctored by an Access Center proctor and the exam is confirmed with the course instructor. Exams cannot be scheduled with less than 5 days' notice. Approved students are encouraged to schedule all exams for the term at once.
- Exams will be administered on the computer whenever possible to limit contact between students, staff and faculty.
- Students are unable to bring food and drinks into the exam proctoring environment due to the cleaning products being used and because masks are always required.
- For students with approved on-site proctoring, faculty will need to upload or email exam files to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are not being administered in Blackboard or Canvas. Hand delivered exams are highly discouraged and will need to be arranged on a case-by-case basis with the Alternative Testing Coordinator.
- Additionally, all exams will be returned electronically. We will retain the paper copy in our office, but will not be placing completed exams on hold for in-person pick-up.
- Please view our Testing Accommodations web page for more information or email email@example.com with questions related to testing accommodations or proctoring services.