Alternative Print Policies and Procedures and Copyright Agreement
Please provide your class list to the Alternative Print office as soon as possible after registering, even during the prior semester. It is important to note that due to the demand on our services it may take up to three weeks from the time you request your materials until they can be provided to you in your desired alternative format.
Due to copyright restrictions you must purchase a copy of all required textbooks and provide a receipt or other proof of purchase to the Access Center before any materials will be provided to you.
Once we receive your textbook requests we will communicate with you which if any of your textbooks we have completed in our archives. If we do not have a requested textbook in our archives, and we cannot acquire it directly from the publisher, we may require your textbook to scan. If we scan your textbook we will first have the binding removed and then scan it using our high speed scanners. Once it has been scanned it will be rebound using a coil binding and returned to you. Please note that the Bookie will not purchase textbooks that have been coil bound.
When your files are complete, we will send an e-mail notification to your WSU e-mail account. If you do not come in to pick up your files, and we do not receive an e-mail response, we will move your requests to the bottom of the queue. If you add or drop a class please let us know as soon as possible.
- I agree that I am enrolled for the semester and the particular course(s) for which I am requesting alternatively formatted instructional materials.
- I have provided the Access Center with appropriate documentation of the disability that prevents me from using standard instructional material.
- I agree that I will not copy, reproduce, modify, or distribute the alternatively formatted instructional materials nor allow anyone else to do so.
- I will not share the alternatively formatted materials with any other party.
- I have purchased the required course materials.
- I understand that if I violate this agreement the publisher may not be required to provide electronic formats of any other instructional materials to WSU for me to use.
If you have questions about different file format options available to you, or you are interested in learning about new technologies that may assist you, please contact the Alternative Print Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-6155.