Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Access Center

Documentation for Housing/ESA

In order to determine eligibility for housing accommodations, we require documentation of the student's disabling health condition as it relates to living in the residence halls.

Documentation must indicate "a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities," including the ability to function in a postsecondary academic environment.  Documentation must provide information about how the patient's functioning is limited and substantiate the patient’s request.  To facilitate a prompt review and help to avoid additional requests for documentation, please complete all questions.  Failure to do so may result in delay or denial of a request.

If your provider is unsure what to send, they can fill out this verification form.

NOTE: The process for requesting Housing/ESA Accommodations requires a separate application. Submitting the incorrect application may result in delays processing your request.

 Typical Accommodation Type Typical Accommodation Provided
Housing Accommodations Building access, single room, air conditioner, private or semi-private bath, emotional support animal (ESA), person attendant, dietary needs