Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Access Center

Documentation & Confidentiality

All students who seek accommodations due to a permanent disability, chronic medical condition or temporary injury must submit documentation of their condition to the Access Center.

Documentation must discuss how the student is limited by their condition as it relates to the educational environment. It is recommended that documentation come from a licensed medical provider or a licensed counselor/psychologist, or previous school. If it does, it must be on letterhead with an official signature.

If in the event that you cannot secure documentation from a medical provider prior to meeting with our office, please notify us via email or phone.

Examples of documentation include: High school IEP, 504 Plans, psychoeducational/neuropsychological reports, letters from health care providers. Medical chart notes and after-visit summaries are strongly discouraged.

Documentation may be attached to the application, emailed or faxed.

Fax: 509-335-8511

Please refer to Documentation Guidelines for additional information.

Confidentiality as it relates to documentation:

The Access Center generally is the custodian of disability records obtained for the purpose of providing accommodations. Students are discouraged from sending disability related/medical records to Admissions or academic departments.

Disability and medical information is confidential and is not shared except where disclosure is required by law or is necessary to facilitate legitimate University processes, including granting appropriate accommodations, addressing direct threats or investigating claims or charges.