- Acknowledge receipt of notetaking request and information from Notetaking Coordinator.
- Make an in-class announcement each class period for one week requesting the services of a volunteer notetaker.
- Maintain confidentiality by not identifying student directly to the class or prospective notetakers.
- Email names and contact information of prospective volunteers to Notetaking Coordinator
- Inform prospective volunteers to contact Access Center.
- Informs Notetaking Coordinator if no volunteers come forward during the course of the week. Note: If instructor does not announce the need for a volunteer notetaker within one week, student is to contact the Access Center.
- Communicates with Notetaking Coordintor, notetaker and/or student when issues with notetaking arise that relate to the classroom
- Discuss with student how information will be exchanged (e.g. email), if agreement has been reached for instructor to provide lecture material as an accommodation (own notes, PowerPoint's, handouts).